Start healthy eating for the family is important. You should read this article through to find out healthy eating tips for your family.
Shopping for groceries is something we should do, although choosing the right foods can be very difficult indeed. To help you with your healthy grocery shopping, the tips below can help make things easier:
- 1. Never shop on an empty stomach.
- 2. Choose canned fruit and tuna packed in water instead of oil or syrup.
- 3. Look at the label for the words "hydrogenated" or "partially hydrogenated". The earlier you see them appear in the list, the higher the number of unhealthy trans fatty acids the food will contain.
- 4. Do not buy turkey with skin on it, and if you are planning to buy chicken - buy chicken breast food.
- 5. If you choose a frozen dinner, choose not only low fat but also sodium and low cholesterol.
- 6. If you do not consume enough dairy products, go with a calcium-fortified orange juice.
- 7. Go for wholemeal bread, cereal, and rolls.
- Give cantaloupe a try. With only 95 calories, half of the melon will provide more than one day of vitamin C and beta carotene.
- 9. Do not be fooled into buying yogurt covered with nuts or raisins, since the coating is usually made of sugar and partially hydrogenated oil.
- 10. Get some low-fat foods, such as pretzels, ginger, and angel food cakes.
By following the above tips when shopping, you will avoid bad food and get the food you need. There are many different healthy foods in the grocery store, all it takes is the will power to get through bad food and good food.
Image Credit : https://goo.gl/nPtJzu