Strong and shining white teeth can boost self-confidence. However, the food and drinks we consume, such as coffee and tea can make the color of teeth so bad.
No need to spend much money to make white teeth back. We have 6 natural ways that can help whiten your teeth.
1. Baking sodaBaking soda has long been used as a toothpaste replacement. So do not be surprised, because baking soda can clean and whiten your teeth.
The chemical structure of baking soda is a mild abrasive. This is what causes, this material is effective in removing stains on the tooth surface.
According to the American Chemical Society, baking soda is water-soluble, allowing baking soda to penetrate to the edges of teeth and where it is difficult to reach other abrasive materials.
However, due to its abrasive nature, use it as a teeth whitener only once or twice a month.
2. Chewing gumChewing sugar-free gum can help reduce the levels of harmful acid bacteria in the mouth.
Chewing gum helps stimulate the production of saliva that contains surfactants and special enzymes, which can protect our teeth from staining.
3. Fresh fruits and vegetablesEating raw carrots, celery, and apples is a natural abrasive way to clean the tooth enamel without causing damage.
Dr Jeff Golub-Evans, dentist in New York City, says that high foods in cellulose such as celery, carrots, and apples can serve as natural abrasive agents that are useful for cleaning teeth and removing natures naturally.
4. CheeseEat cheese or other dairy products, good for dental health because they contain high calcium which is important to keep teeth strong.
Lactic acid, found in dairy products, can also strengthen enamel and prevent decay.
Enamel strong teeth will protect the dentin behind it. Consumption of foods such as milk can protect our enamel and dentine, while preserving tooth whiteness.
But, because it is acidic, after eating cheese and other dairy products, you have to brush your teeth. The acidic properties of food that are allowed to settle for too long can make porous teeth.
5. StrawberriesStrawberries, which are naturally high in vitamin C, can help eliminate plaque buildup in teeth.
According to the Royal Society of Chemistry, malic acid in strawberries can prevent and remove stains. Simply slice and brush the strawberries on the teeth, or puree and mix with toothpaste.
6. OilCoconut oil, sunflower oil and sesame oil are left in the mouth for a few minutes after breakfast, believed to reduce plaque on the teeth so that teeth look cleaner.
This method is not meant to replace dentist function. You are still advised to check your teeth regularly to the dentist.